Friday, March 27, 2009

Patch Day

Ah, I remember when the mere phrase "Patch Day" would bring shudders of fear to UO players everywhere. Alas for my misspent youth.

And today, a patch to Darkfall, including...
About siege mechanics: A few days ago a siege ended without the expected result. We investigated why this happened and discovered a combination of unrelated errors were responsible. Everything associated with this has been corrected so it won't happen again. We want to thank everyone for their feedback on this incident.

Too late for Orks R Us, I suppose, but we're early yet in the life of this monster, so it's good to see the siege mechanics being fixed. I'm sure many more gremlins still lurk in there to bite us.

Other changes seemed to involve mainly graphics issues, which will no doubt piss of the forum-dwellers; it's not like the graphics are the worst of the issues they face, but then I suppose Aventurine's artists have to have something to contribute. Tweaks to Arcane Magic and Necromancy could be more interesting. I wonder if anyone has reached these highest level spell schools yet? There were probably Known Issues with these schools that Aventurine held off fixing until players advanced that far. If no one has reached them yet, I would imagine they will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment