Friday, April 24, 2009

Another Patch Day

Patch notes today start out ho-hum and then get REALLY interesting. (By the way, always patching on Fridays? WTF?)

  • New color systems for names that delineate clan members, allies, warring clans, racial enemies, etc, much easier. This one has been needed from the launch of the game. I remember being totally confused at my first siege. It's gotten a little better over time just as I've become more acclimated, but this is a big and logical change.
  • Trade channel! I like to keep an eye on the Alliance chat because that's all we've had as a trade channel and I'm often trying to buy gear and sell resources. Downside of that is you have to watch other people's inane chatter mixed in. That's their right, of course (it's a CHAT channel after all), but I really don't care to see any more Chuck Norris jokes, tyvm. My only fear is that they'll start to use the new Trade channel for the exact same shit because that's where the "audience" will be. You certainly see a lot of that in WoW. Still, thanks for the Trade channel, AV!
  • Killing party members is just like killing anyone else. This was needed because the existing system allowed you to kill party members with no penalty. This was a newbie trap, but more importantly it discouraged people teaming up in newbie areas for fear of that trap. This should help.
  • Launch now requires a reagent. I just got the spell, so now it will be a lot harder to level it up, but I think it's a fair change. It a useful higher-level GM spell. I'm not going to complain just because it makes my life harder. That would be carebear and all, doncha know? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment